The Fear is in the Air



Have you ever noticed a matador who stubbornly tries to tame a wild bull? His eye is stern and almost cold. His pose is confident and dominant, cause once he is hesitated and soft, the bull smells fear and the man wont have a chance to walk away from the showground

This is not a new awareness. Since God-know-when, all books of body language have stated that what you show could kill you. I always know which eyes say ‘I don’t know the answer, please don’t ask me’ or those that say “What you asked is ridiculous, even a five-grader could answer that”.

But when you face what you fear, it is not easy to recall all those theories of behaviorism. As, these few dreadful days, when I have to face my living partner, a partner that I didn’t know I have till he munched my grocery bag. We haven’t introduced each other properly since he ran away, faster than I could think of. And I scream, louder than I could think of.

We live together for a week or two. Till I realize he smells my fear in the air. It doesn’t need a psychologist that explains Pavlov’s theory of stimulus –response here. He appeared, I screamed. He ran, I screamed. He appeared again, I screamed and ran. Then, he ruled my kitchen, and I defend myself in my bedroom. It would be easier if I showed him my confidence and rage since he first appeared. Cause now, it’s getting late to tell him that you ruled the house when you actually not. I kicked all those boxes out of the kitchen, I screamed several times, but I didn’t stop till he leave. At last, I can say I owned this place, and he is just silly little mouse.

Lesson for today:
Be brave and confident for who you are. Show that nothing would beat your courage when you are right.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love this post, specially it comes from one of my talented sister:

Keep up the good work my dear Titi:)
katsuki1412 said…
update with more stories please..
Astiti Wijaya said…
i will thanks...
Unknown said…
wow.. updated on your birthday :) :P :-*

Popular Posts