A New Place to Live - the 'Before' Version

Didn't I tell you how hard to find a boarding house or room for monthly rent in Tanah Lot Tabanan, Bali? It's like finding a needle in a hay stack. The surrounding has no big college or factories that attract opportunists to build a boarding house for the students or workers. There are some inns or small houses rented, but the first would be too expensive and the latter might be too big for those who live alone like me.

So, I bet you understand if i tell you that it's nightmare when the host of my current rented place decided to rent the place to foreigners, those who can rent with much better prices. They also wanted to renovate the place before the end of the month. Cruel as it is, but still it's their place and I am just a tenant. With all the wall banging resulted from re-construction and installation of new toilette, I realized i had to find new place immediately.

Two of my close colleagues suggested me to see one room at their boarding house. In doubt, I gave it a try. But it's all the choice i had.

So I moved in, with my sister and her boyfie's help and synthia, a close friend. On the moving day, I realized I had too many stuff: books, shoes, and cooking tools which are too many for this new place. I almost threw up. They have been a great help. My sister even made a small kitchen for me from the small corner, to cheer me up, since this new place has no pantry but one small sink in the bathroom.

Wait till you see the DIY version of the place :)

Comments

Popular Posts